1. Check your stock of home heating oil – have you got any room for a summer top up? We won’t fill your fuel tank completely full during hot weather. Fuel must have room to expand.
2. Keep between fifteen and twenty inches of oil in the bottom of your tank – You will run the risk of disrupting the sediment that settles at the base of your tank if you refill it when it’s too low, which can clog up your supply pipe and lead to costly repairs.
3. Consider your future oil requirements now, and look to buy as much as possible during the summer months when prices are often lower than in winter, or contact us to spread the cost of your home heating oil throughout the year.
4. Place the biggest order of oil you can as generally the more you order the less you pay on a per-litre basis.
5. Donegal Oil Company only sells Topaz quality guaranteed Home Heating Oil. We deliver oil to almost all areas of County Donegal every day, giving you quality home heating oil at competitive prices.
6. If you don’t want to pay for your whole order in advance, look into cost-effective ways to help you to do this. Donegal Oil Company offer monthly payment schemes, and summer is the best time to start one off. Call us now on FREEPHONE 1800 740 740 to find out more about our easy payment scheme and spread the costs of your winter heating bill.
7. If you are struggling to pay for fuel, check that you are receiving all the help that you are entitled to. Your local Citizens’ Advice Centre – www.citizensadvice.ie, can help you with this.
8. Check that your oil tank is as secure as possible against oil theft. Measures you can take include installing a tank lock, an alarm that goes off if your tank leaks, CCTV and security lights. We would be delighted to advise you on how you can do this.
9. Make sure that your insurance policy covers your oil tank – most home insurance policies do not include this in the standard cover. You need to be covered for loss of fuel through theft and oil spills, and the environmental clean-up of your property and any adjacent land in the event of a leak.
10. Inspect your tank regularly and have it serviced annually by a qualified oil-fired heating engineer.
Call us now on FREEPHONE 1800 740 740 to find out more about our services or visit us online at www.donegaloil.ie.